08 May Justice
Life Group Leader Notes
May 8, 2022
Judgement: Give a verdict.
Justice: The administering of a deserved punishment or reward.
We all want justice! Today, right is wrong and wrong is right. The things taking place today have to do with the Lord Jesus. God is long suffering and His grace always comes before judgement. God must deal with sin because He is a holy and righteous God. He is the only just Judge…and judgement is coming.
- God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad. (Ecclesiastes 12:4)
- A day is fixed for His righteous judgement of the world. (Acts 17:31)
- All sin is ultimately against a righteous God. (Psalm 51:4)
- God alone is the judge. (James 4:12)
- God’s laws and judgements are completely righteous. (Psalm 19:7-9)
- He exercises justice toward all humanity. (Genesis 18:25)
- He is just in all His ways. (Deuteronomy 32:4)
- God rightly judges heart, mind and deeds. (Jeremiah 17:10)
- God will come and judge the earth. (Psalm 82)
Man’s responsibility in all the ages is to Believe and Obey. His failure is Unbelief, and Disobedience
Discussion: Have you experienced injustice in your life? How have you handled it?
Examples of God’s Judgement:
- Lucifer: Disobedience and Unbelief.
Judgement: Cast out of Heaven.
- Adam and Eve Disobeyed.
Judgement: Expelled from the Garden. Subject to Death.
- In Noah’s Day: Disobedience and Unbelief, Violence and Corruption.
Judgement: The Flood.
- Tower of Babel: Disobedience and Unbelief. Build a tower that will reach Heaven.
Judgement: 1st born destroyed. People scattered and confused.
- Sodom and Gomorrah: Disobedience, Unbelief and Immorality.
Judgement: Destroyed by Fire.
Genesis 18 & 19
- Calvary and Sin: Disobedience and Unbelief.
Judgement: Jesus’ death and resurrection.
2 Corinthians 5:21
Jesus is judged as the sin bearer for all humanity.
Jesus died so we can live. He who knew no sin became sin for us.
Discussion: Talk about a time you have experienced God’s mercy.
- The Jews: Disobedience and Unbelief.
They will be judged for the way they treated Jesus.
Judgement: The Great Tribulation.
Revelation 7: 14
- The Gentile Nations will be judged according to their willingness to help the Jewish people during the great tribulation judgement.
- Great White Throne Judgement: Those that rejected Jesus and whose names are not written in the Book of Life will be cast into the Lake of Fire.
Discussion: If God is the only just judge, how should we behave in these days?